26" skinny knobblies?

I believe panaracer makes a 26 inch version of the Gravelking tire. Schwalbe makes the marathon touring tire in a 26 inch version as well. I think the Ritchey Tom Slick and Tioga City Slicker, Maxxis Hookworm, Serfas Drifter, Continental Top Contact, Kenda Kwest are all relatively skinny 26 inch tires that could do gravel.

FWIW a modern gravel bike is a bit different than an old fully rigid 26'er with slicks or small knobs, but if someone doesn't prize top speed / efficiency then they certainly make perfectly adequate gravel grinders.

Its very annoying, as they made 1.5" tyres in the days of yore......with proper grip. Most of these offerings are either commuter, budget or bald!

Chalk one up to the anti 26" league i guess.

Reactions: Woz
There were a few skinny 26" knobblies, but more intended for a mud fest. Panaracer Trailraker comes to mind.

I still have a stash of 1.75", and if memory serves me right they went as narrow as 1.5".

But yes, it's sad out there for tyres these days, and as been for the last 10 years or more, for anything less than 2.0".

I would go to 27,5” rimbrakes wheel set with 650-42 and a clasic frame. They are equivalent to 26”-2,2 tires.

Mine not retro but plenty of space … WTB tire 27.5-42 in a 26” frame
No modification of 📐 geometry
373D4700-30D5-4A21-B0FD-02D545865128.jpeg

Back