Wanted Older, 26" wheel, steel frame for the taller gent.....

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Having sadly had to sell off a few of my bikes as I can no longer ride them, im looking for a new frame to hang some parts on!

What im looking for is...

Good quality Steel (no gas pipe need apply)
Lugged or fillet brazed
Either pre 87ish or hand custom built
26" wheels
MIN..215mm head tube.
Ideally biplane fork styleeee.

Swallow, yates, roberts etc preferred or something similar quality build...enormous 83 stumpjumper, you know what i mean

Not worried about paint condition as long as its mechanically sound!

Frame and forks ideal, but just a frame considered too.

What you got please....want to get back on the road on a good old retro...

Big enough seat tube..head tube too small. Probably a bit too commercial tbh....

I know I'm being picky, but, its probably the last 26" wheel i will build.....

And if somebody here hasn't got it, its probably not anywhere!🤣

22” 1983 Stumpjumper Sport. I believe this was the biggest size they did but happy to be corrected. Headtube is around 185cm so might be a bit small for you still. It was in a proper state when I got it from the original owner so it has been professionally refinished; metalwork is still structurally sound. Was originally silver with blue fork crown. A couple of before pictures below. It’s no lightweight, F&F weighs 4.3kg. £250 posted

IMG_0323.jpeg

Before…

IMG_9716.jpeg IMG_9717.jpeg

Thanks. Looks lovely, but yes, a bit too small for me now! They did make a 23.5" i believe too? Or is that just my memory!

To save hijacking the guys sale thread...... @Spankyfart

In answer to your question 853 frame around £1800 with forks.

I was kinda hoping somebody might have an early, pre 2016 version of this around with cantilever mounts. They have a whopping 230mm headtube....and enough slope to get my leg over!

Its an XL sized ridgeback expedition btw.

1711211232870.png

Back