Wanted Older, 26" wheel, steel frame for the taller gent.....

Tbh, im getting to a point where my choices are becoming very limited....

I would love older...this wanted ad, but i did also put up one for something similar, but newer too.

The other option is a mahooosive stack of spacers, but it just hurts my mind and eyes!

Ive been watching ebsy for one for a long long time, sadly not many come up...especially not in xl!

The newer ones are sadly not so well built...and have a higher stand over.

If you are happy to come down a bit on frame quality I have big Raleigh Montage in Reynolds 501 if i remember correctly.
I will dig it out and measure the frame.
Rich.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers for thinking of me, I did see that but sadly too new with the devils dinner plate braking system.....🤣

Last edited:
Im sure a pre 2016 will pop up soon. Plus tbh, the frames were better crafted the earlier you go.

Strange as it may sound, it maybe worth looking on Rugby player groups?

In the early 90's I was working in John's Bikes in Bath and sold a bunch of "very big" Trek Singletrack steel framed mountain bikes (I can't remember the listed frame size, but it was the biggest Trek did and WAY too big for me) to the players at Bath Rugby Club (Martin Haague and a few others) and a couple to visiting All Blacks players when they visited the city on tour.

I remember the Trek rep being very pleased with us because he thought they'd never sell those huge bikes.

Genuine question: why has it got be a 26” wheeler? Would a relaxed angle 700c tourer frame with canti mounts not be an option? Loads of good fat 700 tyres around these days and lots of old skool quality lugged steel frames going cheap.

Back