What teenage me wanted to build........and now I'm on the look out for parts

Roasted

Kona Fan
Just found a notebook from about 2002 with some scribblings of my dream bike build together with the prices. This was going to be my ultimate jump/street bike and I still want to build it after all this time so on the look out for the parts.

I was going for 24" at the time and could decide to go either rigid or front sus, but was going to have only the rear brake.

I have a Curtis SX 26" frame that needs a repair, so I'm part way there. I Just need some of the original parts that I had in my list. Let me know if you have anything I may be interested in cluttering up your shed.

The original spec was

Frame
Curtis SX 24 RaceLite (£570)

Fork
Either Marzocchi Shiver SC (£320) or DMR Trailblade (£65) or Gusset Jury (£50) or Woodman T-20 (£145) or Funn Stiffy (£100)

Crank
Khe Hindenburg (£150)
Funn Hooka (£120)

Pedals
DMR V12 Mag with ti axle (£85)

Wheels
DMR Hubs with Atomlab or Sun Rhyno Lite rims (£200 ish)

Brakes
Avid SD Ti with Ti leaver rear only (£120

Others
Various Funn, DMR, Gusset parts to complete bars, stem, post and saddle.

Last edited:
Nice list, Curtis frames are lush. Would have thought it’s all pretty doable these days as well. I’d watch out for original V12 mags though. When I went back to flats 10-12 years ago I started using my ‘98 V12s and they didn’t last long. Pin threads were very brittle and crumbly and even small hits destroyed pins. Good thing is that they still make them.

Funnily, I’ve (as an overweight 49 year old, who should know better) been looking at the reduced DMR jump bikes on Tredz lately. Very nearly pressed buy (while a few runs in) but thankfully didn’t. Never say never though 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back