Sold )1988 Shimano M450 Exage Mountain groupset £26 posted.

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Up for grabs a Exage Mountain M450 part groupset. Date code is 1988.

Ideal for a budget build or pub bike.

What you see is what you get.....other than a brief wash some time ago its as found....I only wanted the frame! It includes the hard to find M452 u brake!

Good points are that the rings are very usable, all threads / tapers etc are good, bottom bracket is original and the faces are again very usable.

Hubs, chain and cassette have gone as a job lot to a forum member.....hence being blacked out!

Happy to post via Royal Mail signed for medium parcels.

Now reduced to just to get it out if my shed, including uk mainland postage £26!

Can't say fairer than that.

You could probably sell the chainset on ebay for that on its own!😂

20230524_092618.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for saving me @Tsundere!!! Was super tempted. Always nice to see a lower end groupset vs. the usual XT build.

Aiming to do a random 80s Suntour build, but this Exage Mountain got me thinking as it pulled on my heart-strings as many of my mates had this on their bikes...

Withdrawing interest, I don't really have an immediate use for it and maybe there's a frame out there in need of a groupset. I had my bargain goggles on again 👀

Withdrawing interest, I don't really have an immediate use for it and maybe there's a frame out there in need of a groupset. I had my bargain goggles on again 👀
You're no different to the rest of us!!! For £35 posted that's a right bargain and can't blame you for being interested! It's too easy to get distracted by numerous items that pop up on here.

I need to stop looking in the Sales section and maybe you do too @Tsundere ;) 🤣

Back