26" skinny knobblies?

I had a pair on a 700c trackie a couple of years back. Great tyres, but a little thin, both in width and strength. Got a lot of punctures as i recall the casing not being very substantial.

My experience too, riding chunkier gravel tracks (on a 26" version), also they tended to snakebite even at 60psi, which was the recommended max pressure. Fast though.

I have some pretty skinny nobbly 26 inch tyres. Hutchinson Mosquito air lite. Kevlar bead, very light tyres and only 1.85 wide, though seem skinnier than that ona bike. I had them on my wife's bike for a short while, but swapped them out for some wider tyres as it is an xc bike and the skinny tyres didn't look right.

No idea whether it's a coincidence but we never had any punctures at all with these tyres fitted, but practically get one every other ride with what I replaced them with (maxxis).

Attachments

• PSX_20221228_164250.jpg
    PSX_20221228_164250.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 8
Something like a Tioga Factory Mud 1.85F ? F = folding.

Couple on ebay currently. Very knobbly

And I have a new one somewhere.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
So it seems the answer is " No" ..... nobody makes a decent or even reasonable quality, sub 2" amberwall, 26" knobbly tyre......let alone a 1.75"!

Well in that case, i will just have to chuck my swallow ptarmigan in the skip when I've burnt through the 2 pairs of 1.95 irc mythos ive got!

Chalk another win up to the anti 26" brigade!

6FAC50E5-CED0-4F28-807A-5A3C61470D65.png
I’ve a few sets of these Continental cross country’s that are 26” x1.5
Plenty of grip,not sure if they are available still

I've just ordered a pair of Geax Gato 1.7 mentioned earlier in the thread. They're folding, pretty light and only £7.50 each. Gotta be worth a try.

Back