Project Cindy, single speed cruiser build

Dare":aviy2ij5 said:
OK, it is not the blue color I wanted you to paint the frame in but this gray one is awesome man!! Great work!

Why no bolts in bottlecage holes and why didn't you apply decals before clearcoat?

Edit: I think P2s in white would look crazy good with this!! Also white grips, pedals, saddle and cables... :)

Cheers dude !!

Yeah lack of bolts in the bottle cage holes .. guilty as charged.. it's a learning process will sort on the next one :LOL:
Couldn't apply the decals before clear coat as they are not originals and are quite a bit thicker... not ideal for lacquering over. And the forks ... I have a plan ... :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_8246.JPG
    IMG_8246.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 467
Dare":1n0hd6ir said:
any news here??

There are a few clear coat runs .. two I could live with two I can't :evil:
So I need to address those. Unfortunately the weather is wat too cold for spraying outside right now so I need to look at spraying indoors (unlikely) or wait for warmer weather ;)

Re:

i just picked up some 2k clear coat. 2k has a very short shelf life once activated so i thought id kill a few birds with one stone.
First up is the 94 cinder cone that I wasn't happy with. There were issues from my previous spray job.

First, flat back some runs... got a bit carried away :facepalm:

long and short, ended up having to use high build primer to rectify.

With the weather being so hot, to avoid spraying in direct sunlight... i built a "little spray booth" :cool:

1jX023C.jpg

g56FxNt.jpg

jiPtoDN.jpg

1IcakV5.jpg

2ban5Ui.jpg

yfjE0mL.jpg

DIY, fade :LOL:

F7N5dVo.jpg

Brought indoors to dry before new clear coat...

k6gZTTF.jpg

A year and a half since last post...I think it is time to finish this. :)

It does look lovely tho!

Like the spray booth!

Oh, and the finish of course! :D

Back