Speed Project Lite // dirt-drop build

DrmZ

Breezer Fan
This framesset was listed on Ebay Kleinanzeigen in May by a seller from Berlin.

I was looking for a fillet brazed frame for my next project and this one has some really nice details. (I will show more in the next steps)
And compared to the US cult brands it was pretty affordable.
I just had to buy it.

According to @Bikemi60 SPEED was the elite brand of ROSSIN (Italy).
They had the Speed Project 10 wich was basically the italian answer to a Ritchey P22: a full bike that weighs less than 10kg/22lbs.
Apparently the Project 10 with Tange Prestige tube set was Italys first Mtb with less then 10kg from factory.
This Project Lite frame is a higher end model built from the Excell tube set and fillet brazed.
The full bike came with Sountour XC Pro components and was 9.3kg / 20.5lbs light.
Here is a catalogue scan:

You can find the full catalogue here: https://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/100139

The seller originally bought my frame with matching Ritchey Logic fork - both NOS but unpainted.
He had frame and fork powder coated in RAL 9011 steel blue and fitted the 105 headset.
So its basically a new frame set but not with original color.
His plan was to build up the bike for himself but he had other projects running, too. This one did not go forward and he decided to sell...

I don't want to follow the catalogue build.
Instead I want to build this with a dirt-drop setup.
This frame is a bit to small for me but with a drop bar it should fit fine.
Top tube is 575mm - the same length like the top tube of my Breezer Venturi road bike.

I like the color. The blue is pretty dark and muted. I think it will look great with polished components.
My plan is to go with Campagnolo Record O.R. components for most parts.

Last edited:
I've been after a Speed frame for a very long time too. They always seem to be too small though. That's beautiful though I'm not really keen on the previous owner's choice of colour.

I guess it was lighter with original paint instead of powder coating?
Or my scale is off.

Latest posts

Back