Took almost 3 decades but I finally got my hands on one of these....Brodie Sovereign with Gatorblade fork

Can someone tell me when the last Sovereign rolled off the production line?

I believe the last Sovereign Paul made for Cybersport was the 14th of March 2006

It’s hard to say. There were Sovereigns built every year up to, and beyond, the take over

it think i have the last one built. it was paul's bike. he thought he should build himself
one before he sold control. he called me up one day and asked if i was interested in
buying it. i seem to recall him saying it was the last one built. it is serial #4031. i will
ask him. built in 1996 is my understanding.
just heard back from paul. he said he built quite a few sovereigns after mine.
i must have been dreaming. didn't tell me the serial number of the last one.

Last edited:
Thanks Roy, I looked at a blue Sov yesterday which has the later style decals and the anti-chainsuck bosses on the stays, the dropouts are identical to my '94 ExPresso and the fork, whilst having the 'B' at the bottom of the legs, are not Gatorblades. I couldn't find a serial number.

If I had to keep only one vintage MTB it would be my Sov.

It just rides superbly. Fully modern-feeling in geometry, with a nice long headtube and sloping TT, I feel planted inside the bike thanks to the long wheelbase. The Gartorblade tracks better and rides more smoothly than any other composite fork of that era, too.

And I don't mind mixing new and old on a bike at all.

That said, that saddle's got to go!

And I'm with others on the flashy wheels.

But it's your bike and as long as you're happy and ride it, I'm sure we'll all continue to be happy for you!

A lovely feeling when you finally track down something you've always wanted...

Back