Took almost 3 decades but I finally got my hands on one of these....Brodie Sovereign with Gatorblade fork

I made a few adjustments and this is now my daily ride. I love love love this thing. The main change is that I swapped out the proprietary Synergy wheels for a set of Mavic Sunset 217s with XTR 950 hubs. And I put on modern Look STP compatible pedals for convenience. I know that the saddle is not to everyone's taste, but I came to it after many many trials of others on this bike and my road bikes (both period specific and non period specific). Comfort>>>looks for me when it comes to my saddle.

Yes I unapologetically admit that I have a massive Syncros fetish (on this fellow we have a Syncros headset, stem, Revolution cranks, seatpost and barends).

I'm still looking for a Brodie rear U brake booster....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-16 at 10.11.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-16 at 10.11.55 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
it think i have the last one built. it was paul's bike. he thought he should build himself
one before he sold control. he called me up one day and asked if i was interested in
buying it. i seem to recall him saying it was the last one built. it is serial #4031. i will
ask him. built in 1996 is my understanding.
just heard back from paul. he said he built quite a few sovereigns after mine.
i must have been dreaming. didn't tell me the serial number of the last one.

I believe this FB post documents the last Sovereign. 4261 is owned by a fellow named Lenard Beaudoin, who bought it new. He lives about a 1/2 hour from me.

I believe this FB post documents the last Sovereign. 4261 is owned by a fellow named Lenard Beaudoin, who bought it new. He lives about a 1/2 hour from me.

Private group, post cannot be seen. 4261 did come up in this thread previously though

Private group, post cannot be seen. 4261 did come up in this thread previously though
lastSov.jpg

FB is annoying :)

Back