Speed Project Lite // dirt-drop build

The build is heading for the home stretch.

We had some issues with the cable routing for the rear brake.
The company who did the powder coating did not protect the inside of the cable noodles. (is that the right word?)
With the added thickness of the powder the tube for the rear brake cable got too tight (especially in the bend around the seat tube) that the springs from the brake calipers were struggeling to move back.
My mechanic managed to widen it a bit so at least a shift cable runs smoothly for now.
In the long run I have to widen it more to be able to run a regular brake cable.
The right job for long winter evenings ;)

Also the left Campagnolo Ergopower apparently does not support 3by derailleurs.
I was told all Campagnolo Record 8speed Ergopower support 2by or 3by in the front.
Now I know not all do.
So I have to look for a replacement that does. For now I only use the lorger two chain rings and have the granny gear blocked.
Not too much of an issue because I live in the flat north of Germany. So I do not really need the small chain ring anyways.

Next step will be decals and some small accessoirs like bottle cage and toe clips and then I can go for a first test ride.
If the weather will allow it. For tonight we have a flood warning because of the storm. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I missed this thread. Looks great, and super pics too :cool:

Amazing build and pics! Is this a rider? If so how does it ride? Certainly lives up to its SPEED name as it looks fast even when stationary! Very classy looking 😍😎💪

Yes, I plan on riding this bike a lot next season.
Over the last two years I got into tile hunting (veloviewer tiles).
I built this bike to have something that is fast on roads but I can still use on dirt roads. Because tile hunting is usually 80-90% small asphalt roads and the rest is dirt roads.

Just did a short first ride today and the position is sporty for sure but not too scary.
I will see next year if it still works for longer trips.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back