Mike's next bike : Bianchi TSX, more pics, 30th May

Re: Mike's next bike : Bianchi TSX

ededwards":gqncstvz said:
Great looking frame and echo the comments about using as is rather than repainting.

You want to watch those pedals though as I've heard that in use the body can unscrew from the axle ......

Oh no!

Not the same model as your Famous Flanders pedals? :shock:

I got them as they look in really good nick, few paint scuffs. However, they seem a bit free-spinning. Had some Dura Ace ones BITD, but can't remember if they felt the same. I may have these apart to discover there's no bearings inside!

Mike

Re: Mike's next bike : Bianchi TSX

Apologies, it was the Dura Ace version that came apart as I crossed the line at the Ronde in 2013 rather than the ones above but the design is the same. As it is on the 2015 adventure. Can't see it happening a third time though.....

Re:

Hmmm, maybe I'll keep these 6401's as photoshoot only ones then! :LOL: :LOL: :facepalm:
Not!

Mike

Re:

Had a weigh up now,

Forks 750g, not sure what tubing they are
Bare frame 2.050kg, with drop out adjuster screws that won't move. Got some penetration oil on them now, so fingers crossed.
Initial t-cutting is proving fruitful, with a lot of the marks coming off. Nice

Mike

Re:

Looks very cool Mike :cool: hope to see you out on it eventually ;)
Got some cromed colnago forks with rake if interested ;)
Mick

Re: Re:

godders":1ykerw3x said:
Looks very cool Mike :cool: hope to see you out on it eventually ;)
Got some cromed colnago forks with rake if interested ;)
Mick

Cheers Mick ;)

May have to take a look at those, how much do they weigh?
Are you still on for a ride next weekend?

Mike

Re:

Hi Mike
722g with 184mm steerer. And yes defo up for next weekend ! :D
Got a stinking cold at the mo but hoping i should be ok by then ;)
If the forks are if interest i will bring them along :)

Mick

Re:

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the offer, but the straight forks are growing on me. Hope you feel better soon mate ;)

Cleaned up the brakes, also got some more bits together for it together. Got a choice of stems, to grab a pair of ITM Super Italia Pro bars that are on their way :cool: Some of these parts were on my sales thread. Thankfully no-one was interested! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Back