Mike's next bike : Bianchi TSX, more pics, 30th May

Re:

Evening all ;)

Just had a nice evening, t-cutting and polishing the frame in the garden! :cool:
As you can see from the pics, there are a lot of paint chips, along with some nasty rust patches.

But I'm hoping that I can hide some of them with the touch-up paint I got for it.

Here's a couple of shots after polishing.

The paint that is there is so nice, hard to see in pics, but has a pearl blue effect in sunlight. Part of me wants to get it re-sprayed as there are just so many chips. Thankfully, a bigger part of me wants to keep it original and just ride it. After all that's what I intend to do with it.

I'm just trying to source an Ultegra 6400 headset now. I've seen an NOS one for around £40, but can't really run to that at the moment. I already have cups from a 6500 one I could use, but getting hold of bearings for it is proving a right PITA!
Oh, almost forgot, these bars arrived this week,

The stem, at 140mm may prove a tad long, but I do have a different design 130, if it proves to be the case.

Also, I couldn't resist these! :cool:

Well, you need to accessorize, DAHLING! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Hi folks,

I've finally found a suitable headset! HURRAY! So I hope to get this bike started sometime this week.
I have been giving several coats of paint to the bare metal today, not doing a great deal, but not so obvious. I wonder if I'll have more luck with nail varnish if I can find some close to the colour :?
Couldn't resist a mock up this afternoon.

Headset cups only, no bearings, BTW :LOL:

Not sure whether to use white or black brake hoods. I have a choice of white or celeste Cinelli cork tape as well

Mike

Re:

oops, forgot to mention, I robbed another bike for the seatpost, which I then polished up to suit,

Mike

Re: Mike's next bike : Bianchi TSX

To me, the lighter the better with the frame and chrome. Cream saddle cream hoods, silver rims celeste or cream tape. Make it all look light and Italian.

But what do I know? You've seen my builds.

Lovely frame.

Re:

Thanks mister ;)

The more paint I touch up, the more I notice, unfortunately.
I could get new white hoods. The pedals are proper white! :roll:

The History Man":3b18b9np said:
Oooooooh.......

You really could get me into a lot of bother! :LOL: :LOL:
I prefer mine, but looking at their other shi, er I mean stuff, I quite like the sunnies :cool:

Mike

The History Man":3jtypgw6 said:
Oooooooh.......

Who knew you could get so much Bianchi inspired merch? :LOL:

Lovely looking frame though Mike. Looking forward to the build. :cool:

Lovely looking frame and the mock up is pant wetting

Always wanted a Bianchi

Looking forward to seeing more progress

Back