Mike's next bike : Bianchi TSX, more pics, 30th May

Got buzzed by this the other day on my way to work, with Mike frantically waving at me.

looked really classy mate, very nice

BobCatMax":2saf83r7 said:
Got buzzed by this the other day on my way to work, with Mike frantically waving at me.

looked really classy mate, very nice

Thanks mate ;) So it looked good at 47km/h ? :LOL:
Ok, so I did have a slight tail breeze :roll:

Managed a near 2hr ride last night. Someone unwisely tried to race me up the Bostal.
He went on the big ring as it flattened half way up, and came past me. Bad decision!
So he went back down to the small ring - looked like a compact - and slowed right down as it steepened around the sharp corner. I went around him with the mech cage rubbing on the spokes! :facepalm: Hope to get that sorted at LBS tonight when they check the hanger.
Looked around to see where he was, and he'd stopped and got off! He still had three gears to go when I went past ;)
I'll do a proper ride with pics when it's sorted

Mike

Re:

Took the bike into the lads at the LBS after work today. They both loved it! :cool:
Mechanic reckoned the mech hanger was definately bent, to my relief. Otherwise, I don't know what else I could have tried.
Good, knowledgeable young man, who knows his stuff. Retro or otherwise.
Said to bring the bike in with a spare axle so he can straighten it for me. So, off to get a blow torch tomorrow, as he says it will need a little bit of heat.

Mike

All ways nice when some one confirms it can be fixed and that its not a major fix.

Maca":3vcubsku said:
All ways nice when some one confirms it can be fixed and that its not a major fix.

Definately, I did move the hub across the axle as much as I could, without the chain touching the inside of the hanger. As well as putting a 1mm spacer behind the cassette.
I'm sure this will work out ok, then I won't get ticking spokes when I'm struggling with gravity ! :LOL:

Mike

This may be an old thread of yours Mike but it really made my day reading through it and to see the transformation of a tired looking frame turn into a very special looking race machine and i'd also forgotten just how amazing that colour looks mate :cool: ..

Re:

Thanks MP,

I've got it lined.up for my themed pre classics ride at Easter.
Flanders, so cobbled climbs, what I can find any way. Some other short steep ones I can use though. In period kit, obviously!
And yes, the colour is wonderful in the Sun!

Mike

Period kit eh! :shock: , just joking as i'm sure you'll look pretty smart on the Bianchi unlike myself with me big belly :facepalm: :LOL: .

Well theirs certainly no better way of preping for a race than practicing out on the climbs and i'm not jealous of you going to flanders at all :mrgreen: but yes with good weather come the race er i mean classic ride it should be an awesome day and yes that Aqua paint colour does look totally amazing in the sun so any way how much did you spend on the bike if you don't mind me asking ? ..

Latest posts

Back