Mike's next bike : Bianchi TSX, more pics, 30th May

Re: Mike's next bike

A bit after my time but nice choice of steel in TSX :). I guess it begs the question but do you like Celeste?

Shaun

Cool.

tumblr_ll8lat0P6w1qdw1kro1_500.jpg

cipo_bianchi_1993.jpg

It's 93 BTW

Nice.
Will be on the lookout for a steel Bianchi frameset myself as a future project.
Haven't seen anything to really catch my eye yet though.

Midlife":28yw44tz said:
A bit after my time but nice choice of steel in TSX :). I guess it begs the question but do you like Celeste?

Shaun

Well Shaun,

When I did road racing in the mid '90s ( in between proper racing, against the watch)! :shock: I really fancied a Bianchi then. But at £400 for a Thron frameset IIRC, it was a bit too expensive for me. I think the TSX was second in range to the Genius tubed model . Stand to be corrected on that though.
otherself":28yw44tz said:
Cool.

tumblr_ll8lat0P6w1qdw1kro1_500.jpg

cipo_bianchi_1993.jpg

It's 93 BTW

Cheers buddy ;)

Was that the only year of production using that tubing then?
I just bought a book The Cycling Year, that has that photo in it. Think it's '91 though. I gave my original copy to a friend, but regret it. Found another copy on eBay.
IIRC, I saw Cipo' at the start of the '91 or '92 Tour of Flanders in the GB MG kit. Was he still riding for them in '93? Or had he moved to Mercatone Uno by then?

Mike
howlindawg":28yw44tz said:
Nice.
Will be on the lookout for a steel Bianchi frameset myself as a future project.
Haven't seen anything to really catch my eye yet though.

That's the bike your brakes will be going on mate ;)

Mike

Re:

Yes, that's correct Shaun, meant to be good for long distance apparently.

No, me neither! :LOL: :LOL:

Not sure I'm up to long distance myself!

I'm pleased the race bikes had fully chromed forks. Albeit raked. Thought they were celeste at the crown, then chrome. Am I turning into an anorak? Or a tart? :oops:

Mike

Mike Muz 67":11s8ef5v said:
Cheers buddy ;)

Was that the only year of production using that tubing then?
I just bought a book The Cycling Year, that has that photo in it. Think it's '91 though. I gave my original copy to a friend, but regret it. Found another copy on eBay.
IIRC, I saw Cipo' at the start of the '91 or '92 Tour of Flanders in the GB MG kit. Was he still riding for them in '93? Or had he moved to Mercatone Uno by then?

He was with MG in '93. He rode Bianchi that year in the Giro. I have the dvd of the Giro that year. He moved to Mercatone in 94 and started riding alu Cannondales from '95.

I think Bianchi started using TSX in '89 and were stilling using it on high end '95 machines although there was more advanced multishaped super thin steels introduced by Columbus which had superseded TSX by then.

Re:

Thanks for the insight fella ;)

Probably used by Gatorade team as well then.

Can't remember his name, but the other rider pictured was a fellow sprinter. Didn't last as long as Cipo' though at the top level

Mike

Latest posts

Back