Cheap van ideas

legrandefromage":2sww4qvb said:
Stay away from French people carriers. They are very bad.

Rust is killing off the Shranalexys

Connects suffer from the usual Ford diesel engine issues as with transits

Citroen C15?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C15-D ... Swt7pXM5Ns

Tbh most french cars as such tend to have issues with electrics and Renaults have been known to catch fire and the gear boxs on the diesel versions are pretty weak so maybe not a good idea to go down that route imo ..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
hamster":rarj65rj said:
What about an oldish Zafira? Say a 1.6/1.8 petrol. The bits are everywhere secondhand. The space inside is amazing and there will be plenty of cosmetically rough mum's taxis around for a decent choice.

Nice idea hamster as i had forgotten about the Zafira and my eldest daughter has one that she has been driving around 5/6 years now and won't part with it which must say somthing about the Zafira as shes well fussy and hard to please ..

Zafiras can be cheap if you look for the right ones. Stay away from petrols if they have rough idle or stalling issues. Later Fiat sourced diesels tend to be gunked up with short runs and cheap fuel.

Many replacement parts have to be coded to the ecu such as indicator stalk. If the lights are on and the horn doesnt sound = expensive!

legrandefromage":2ez7q6nn said:
Zafiras can be cheap if you look for the right ones. Stay away from petrols if they have rough idle or stalling issues. Later Fiat sourced diesels tend to be gunked up with short runs and cheap fuel.

Many replacement parts have to be coded to the ecu such as indicator stalk. If the lights are on and the horn doesnt sound = expensive!

Some good tips their mate and my daughter hasn't really had any issues with hers but their again she has her Zafira serviced every six months and anything shes not sure of gets sorted through the company she works for which is very rare tbh ..

234,938 will also have had the heater resistor replaced during the recall. the heater will have a big warning label on it saying 'replace do not repair' but the glove box needs to be removed to find this out incase no literature accompanies the car

Rimtape":3bge1r34 said:
ZaFIREas Vauxhall has recalled 234,938 Zafira B models after a spate of fires caused by incorrect repairs by non-Vauxhall technicians
maybe this is the reason some are so cheap ?

Zafira B probably won't be in the category of cheap van from the OP...more likely Zafira A for under £1000...or a burned-out B I suppose. :?

hamster":2e9yajii said:
Rimtape":2e9yajii said:
ZaFIREas Vauxhall has recalled 234,938 Zafira B models after a spate of fires caused by incorrect repairs by non-Vauxhall technicians
maybe this is the reason some are so cheap ?

Zafira B probably won't be in the category of cheap van from the OP...more likely Zafira A for under £1000...or a burned-out B I suppose. :?

Tee hee!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-56-VAUXH ... Sw3mpXM5LH

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back