Swap Tequila sunrise GT Karakoram 1992

drhar

Retro Newbie
I have a GT Karakoram in the awesome 1992 tequila sunrise paint job. Having to offload because it was advertised as 22" but it's actually 18 (c-c). Paint is faded, but I've seen worse condition otherwise - at a guess stored inside by a window. It's fairly original but definitely a project - I can ride it but wouldn't recommend! I think one previous owner then stopped being used a few years ago (if we trust the person that lied about the size!!) Drive chain needs replacing (or at least some of it). Seat post moves. I can share more info and pics if people want it, trying to see if there's an appetite for the swap!

I'm looking to build up a trail munching off-road tourer come towpath commuter and have had a nightmare finding large (20" up) frames, so I thought I'd see if someone had something to swap rather than selling on and starting the hunt again.

I'm looking for early-mid 90s steel (rigid forks), preferably a project bike. I'm looking to resto-mod for full rideability, so not too fussed about rarity - want the best frame I can get and will build it up to be what I want. Any offers/help/advice welcome!!

I've got a ratty '98 Palomar frame in the huge 22" size, (proper GT 22" so 22.5" ctc/24"to top of seat tube) actually it's almost a complete bike less the wheels but very tatty & was specced with RST fork too so likely not what you're after. Whereabouts are you by the way?

East London for where I'm based. Yeah sadly the Palomar doesn't sound quite right but thanks!

Latest posts

Back