Cheap van ideas

I always had to put the back seats down in my Discovery.

We use a Nissan Elgrand now, diesel, huge, economic, fast at the lights but not quite £1000 yet

Nissan_Elgrand_E50_004.JPG

I've found transits just too big and around here, they are just as expensive as anything else for repair.

It's the width, other vans are a little more domestic friendly and cheaper on insurance and running costs.

*and then theres that bloody dual mass flywheel that rattles itself to death seemingly every five miles

Re:

Any old estate car would be okay surely? Okay not standing up, but down flat easily get 2 bikes in.

I had a focus estate, the original version, which was a great drive, reliable and dirt cheap

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Is using a trailer not a option? You could buy a cheap normal trailer or go to a box one. Great if you want to pick something up, use for camping or whatever and without the extra cost of running another motor.
If it was me I'd be looking for a transit. Older one with banana engine. Slow, easy to maintain, plenty of parts. No injector or turbo problems like on newer ones. You could always turn it in to a day van or camper if you wanted. Buy your transit, you could pick one up for a few hundred quid if you look around. Then buy a caravan that has damp issues or just a carp shell that leaks, rip everything out of caravan and fit what you want in transit. You could make some money back from bits of caravan you don't use like Windows, chassis, toilet, water heater, cooker, fridge etc. Just look what the bits I've mentioned go for! You may even make enough back to buy you another retro bike.

Leigh

Leighcal":13ggwvf9 said:
Is using a trailer not a option? You could buy a cheap normal trailer or go to a box one. Great if you want to pick something up, use for camping or whatever and without the extra cost of running another motor.
If it was me I'd be looking for a transit. Older one with banana engine. Slow, easy to maintain, plenty of parts. No injector or turbo problems like on newer ones. You could always turn it in to a day van or camper if you wanted. Buy your transit, you could pick one up for a few hundred quid if you look around. Then buy a caravan that has damp issues or just a carp shell that leaks, rip everything out of caravan and fit what you want in transit. You could make some money back from bits of caravan you don't use like Windows, chassis, toilet, water heater, cooker, fridge etc. Just look what the bits I've mentioned go for! You may even make enough back to buy you another retro bike.

Leigh

Mmmmm that's food for thought :D

Latest posts

Back