No more bikes! Buy's another bike. Share your shame thread

Re:

Two months ago I bought my daughter a new bike. I was riding on the front with her on my gt performer and she said why are you riding a kids bike :facepalm:
That night bought a gt timberline 1994 ish vintage. I had an outpost in 97 and this was cheap and close. Then I got offered a specialized rockhopper comp a1 fs. The bike I wanted in 98 which was cheap but the manitous were frozen. So I bought a new ish Carrera with a set of rockshox to put on the rockhopper to get it rolling.
Then I got a kona fire mountain frame with a few bits on to rebuild the carrera parts on to and sell.

Then for no reason I bought a rough 93 lava dome with xt parts on.
No reason just liked it.
Now I'm bidding on bits on eBay and I'm watching another bike I don't need but want to build the xt parts on to. But then I will have the leftovers. I've already got a couple of spare sets of wheels.
All this in two months :shock:

I'm not new to this terrible addiction as I'm a seven years clean reformed bikeaholic but i think I'm just addicted to bikeahol.
It's never going to end and I might as well embrace it

Re:

One bike's enough for anyone.

Only a fool would just keep buying old tat and spend countless hours and lots of their hard earned money repainting, refurbishing and rebuilding them!

al.

Nearly finished another bit of old tat today. Some Spanish built oily stuff.

Columbus dropouts, I was quite happy with that!

Just got to sort out the chain line with a narrower axle

Re:

A couple of months ago I bought a frame to use up some parts. You know what's coming next don't you? Yup I just had to upgrade it and now I'm getting a collection of parts that'll need yet another frame to use up. :roll:

Re:

Quite amusingly I embrace the idea of having that "one bike does everything", like when you visit a sleepy village in middle England and see an older gentleman trundling to the butchers shop on a 1960's Dawes which he probably had from new. I don't like shiny high-end stuff....it's the forgotten, well used stuff that appeals to me.

Only problem is my bikes stay in pretty good condition because I tend to rotate their use dependant on the type of riding I'm doing, not to mention I like spending time in my workshop tinkering with them!

And then I find another beat-up (or 'Patinated' if you're hip) bike on gumtree/ebay/charity shop/car boot and start romanticising all over again......................

Hence buying another frameset last week

Re: Re:

shedobits":2a9hyljf said:
A couple of months ago I bought a frame to use up some parts. You know what's coming next don't you? Yup I just had to upgrade it and now I'm getting a collection of parts that'll need yet another frame to use up. :roll:

One bike :shock: Now that is enlightenment ! Biggest mistake i can make, is to stick one upgrade bit of M730 XT on a bike....then it starts again....

Re:

I've nearly got all the parts for all of my bikes. :shock:
I'm genuinely concerned as to what will happen after that. :shock:
Maybe I'll have to start riding them :shock:

Just about finished a bike last night, now looking for better parts for it having sold a set of 9spd STi, yes, you guessed it, I'll be looking for a set of 8/9 or 10 speed STI...

:facepalm:

Help.

Latest posts

Back