No more bikes! Buy's another bike. Share your shame thread

Re:

I've suffered from all of the above, plus I like the modern stuff too. I say to myself that there has to be a reason to get another bike and then I go and invent a reason.

I wish I could be one of those people who are happy with a single bike which they've had for years.

Re:

Last time I counted I had 9 bikes :)

Last time I counted I only had one pair of legs :facepalm:

I am good, in fact I am amazing but even I can only ride one bike at a time.

Well I know I have problem collecting, just Orange bikes alone I've bought 30 in the space of 3 years, have managed to sell 15 of them.. kept the better half, ones tgat fit and actual riders. but ive bought others on top of this also...ouch
Have an understanding girlfriend thankfully..

Re:

Thankfully I finally reached the end of the road. Got my 4 dream
machines finished and sold all the rest. Its a great feeling and they live up to all the hype :mrgreen:

Re:

Like many others, I faced the following classic dilemma:

Buy retro bike and incur wrath of the missus vs no bike but no wrath.

There are a number of common solutions: sneak bike through house to shed, hide frame in loft, tuck bike in garage, out of sight behind other bikes. But there's a common them here: what the missus doesn't know won't hurt you, i.e. deceit.

A few months ago I took an alternative approach (although equally cowardly :facepalm: ) - retrobike for the missus! It seemed like a good idea at the time . . .

Only problem is . . . it's not a bike I want to ride. :facepalm:

Attachments

• GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 506
I sold a bike for £85

We are delivering it and staying in a hotel for the night for £100 as its in a nice area.

Something isnt quite right there.

legrandefromage":1949pjp6 said:

No it not....you forgot to add the cost of your time, fuel and depreciation. Other than than I suspect you're on to a winner. :facepalm:

Re:

Yep, guilty as charged. Had a great clear out with the intention of keeping one retro and the rest providing the funds for a modern HT. Managed to raise the cash for the HT without selling a couple that were due to go and then managed to buy enough 'bargains' to replace all that had gone. :facepalm:

legrandefromage":1vdecrce said:
I sold a bike for £85

We are delivering it and staying in a hotel for the night for £100 as its in a nice area.

Did sumink sim recently when i picked up a nice used kitchen from Swansea.

I'm on the edge, maybe like AA we need an accountability buddy to talk us out of it when we feel the temptation...

Back