Should I buy yet another vintage Kona?!

I feel your pain, I’ve just picked up a rather special 96 Kula, to add to the other 5 Kona’s in the garage!

Attachments

• IMG_2235.jpeg
    IMG_2235.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
Only buy the right Kona [*], anything else is waste.

* Defintion of right is person dependant, I have four Kona’s (Fire Mountain, Explosif, Kilauea & Ku), and two “not” Kona’s (Voodoo Bizango & Circuit equivalent of Sex One), next Kona purchase has to be the right one - size and model.

You're talking to someone who saw a cool vintage road bike, but has a garage full, so ignored it. Then I woke up in the middle of the night, obsessing about it, contacted the guy, and wound up buying two bikes, which are in a different city and a buddy had to pick them up for me.

You're talking to someone who saw a cool vintage road bike, but has a garage full, so ignored it. Then I woke up in the middle of the night, obsessing about it, contacted the guy, and wound up buying two bikes, which are in a different city and a buddy had to pick them up for me.
Posted this a few days ago on another thread..

IMG_1048.jpeg

Just going through a similar process myself -- a '92 Cinder Cone with P2 in rough condition . . . part of me itches to 'preserve' it by returning it to rideable condition, but there's a serious lack of space and time to actually do that with a number of stalled projects already in the queue, with another still to arrive. And that's not considering the poor Missus who would not be sympathetic to more dusty, greasy, space-hungry bits and bobs arriving!

There's always the principle of one-in one-out but I'm still too possessive of the bikes I've built to get rid of any quite yet.

Just going through a similar process myself -- a '92 Cinder Cone with P2 in rough condition . . . part of me itches to 'preserve' it by returning it to rideable condition, but there's a serious lack of space and time to actually do that with a number of stalled projects already in the queue, with another still to arrive. And that's not considering the poor Missus who would not be sympathetic to more dusty, greasy, space-hungry bits and bobs arriving!

There's always the principle of one-in one-out but I'm still too possessive of the bikes I've built to get rid of any quite yet.
You should try letting some go, it's not as bad as you think...and all that space...all the bikes you could put there...oh

Back