No more bikes! Buy's another bike. Share your shame thread

legrandefromage":35jkz0ck said:
I sold a bike for £85

We are delivering it and staying in a hotel for the night for £100 as its in a nice area.

Something isnt quite right there.

That's perfectly understandable. What you've done is subsidised a nice night away in a nice area, a life-enriching experience which you would not have had, had it not been for your bike habit.

I try to sell bike pick-ups to my better half as a nice day out - all the time. Last one was a Pine Mountain combined with a walk around Windsor and picnic in the Great Park. Win-Win

Re:

The more I resist the more I end up buying.
I really don't see an end to it.....

Re:

I'm well in the dog house with mine had a cull the other week and got rid of 4 frames also I'm looking for a suspension frame for a friend his snapped so looking for a donor for him on the premise.so found a bargain frame for him but came with another 3 others.so friend gets his I get 3 yippee. So now I've got to explain the 3 frames I've got out of deal not a happy bunny.so a week after looking on gumtree kirk revolution in Warrington can't help myself I'm on the phone after a couple hrs blagging she's OK I've got a bargain happy days.thats among the wheels I've accumulated in between.so resisted gumtree last week well up until Friday there it was unknown blue bike good bits as described.thats it spidey senses going unknown bike I'm on the phone it's arranged I'm going near Huddersfield spoke to my mate no problem he'll take me.so as I'm walking out the door where you going well Matt needs a frame it's sorted going getting it. All I can say it's been a bit frosty since but turns out got a stunning little orange gringo with some tasty bits on it

I dont even have to say anything to my girlfriend, she can just tell with my pale sheepish look I give her.. with her saying
"you've bought another bike havent you" replying quietly YEP,
"let me guess another bloody Orange" Silence...retreat quietly to the garage :)

Back