My Wife Just Got An E-Bike

Norco Cherokee plus the Bow trails plus a camera equals you owing us some pictures. Have you found the photography thread? The Alberta mountains would go over well with these lads. Just keep the e bike out of frame

As promised, though it's the only one I took. I rode the old Rockhopper instead. 20km. This is the bridge in Bowness, Calgary, overlooking the Bow River.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 9
Please do get a metal battery box for storing lithium batteries. They are no joke. And do not ever charge without supervision. In the RC world we are very careful to store our batteries away from living spaces, and those who ebike batteries are no joke.
I still haven't worked out why Roman Catholics are using these batteries. Is it to save burning candles?

Just to be clear, once fully charged I keep all of my power tool batteries C/W their chargers together in a cardboard box in the garage (which isn't attached to the house).
I "stay around" when these batteries are being charged and promptly unplug and seperate them when done. The only alternative location for them would be a garden box where I store flammable stuff (paint, adhesives, thinners etc), clearly this could be worse.
My question is: do these batteries explode only when they are being charged or when they are left fully charged?

My condolences to your wife from Vancouver Island, where I see hoards of nitwits trolling around on these things during every ride on one of my 'real' bicycles. If I want motorcycle thrills, I get the equally old-school Ninja A2 out.

Latest posts

Back