What memorable, bike-related stuff have you bought?

nicklej

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Maybe this doesn't belong here but the topic is neither 97 or 98 specifically so thought here would be best. Perhaps there is already a thread along these lines!

Rule: bike related!

1 - What stuff have you bought that you'll never get rid of and why?
2 - What have you bought that you overpaid for or regret buying?
3 - Any second hand horror stories or total bargains you'd like to share?
4 - What stuff have you bought for the sheer hell of it, even if its not practical, but is cool to you (I'm always guilty of this!)

I guess I'll start, lots of carbon second hand horror stories. Not that they ended horribly so i'm pushing my luck using that terminology and fortunately, no injuries but I've bought lots of second hand carbon frames with a good number having some kinda crack developing shortly after which feels more than a coincidence.

As of right now, I've finally found one so probably gonna bite: its the titanium lefty truss fork that Van Nicholas made. There are so few details about this so i've asked them a few more technical questions first. Why? because..why not! It is only money after all and you can't take it with you :)
🚲 🚲 🚲

I’ve always ended up selling stuff I said I’d never sell!!
I bought a Tiso rear mech. I had to have it ! And now no bike for it!

I’ve always ended up selling stuff I said I’d never sell!!
I bought a Tiso rear mech. I had to have it ! And now no bike for it!
Haha yes that is a bad habit of mine too. FOr the past year, i've not made enough time for putting builds together as i should have.
Those Tiso mechs are lovely and didn't it take you some time to find one? I'd keep it for a special build if i were you :)

Haha yes that is a bad habit of mine too. FOr the past year, i've not made enough time for putting builds together as i should have.
Those Tiso mechs are lovely and didn't it take you some time to find one? I'd keep it for a special build if i were you :)
I just had to have it
But now need to sell it. 😢

Back