No more bikes! Buy's another bike. Share your shame thread

Yep good luck on the Orange curse.... still finding a cure!
Am also fighting the urge currently with a Kestrel frame, anything Marin 90-92 and starting to have a nagging voice in my head willing me to get a good Dave Yates at some point soon... god help me

Lost count after 50 frames/full bikes/groupsets etc... :facepalm:

Currently searching for end of 90's era (early '00s the latest) steel team bikes with V-brakes, but availability (maybe due to high frame fragility/retail price) seems quite bad and the NOS frames are drying up/impossible to find them now. As the the factories in the Far East shifted to alu/carbon back then rather rapidly/abruptly, high-end steel frames became few and far between.

Can't be arsed with anything new/modern (mainly because the really nice new stuff goes for serious monies) , so until the goods I want won't turn up as NOS/NIB, the hoarding will continue, I guess... :roll: :LOL: :twisted:

fearfactoryüberalles":2s1zcf8p said:
Lost count after 50 frames/full bikes/groupsets etc... :facepalm:

Currently searching for end of 90's era (early '00s the latest) steel team bikes with V-brakes, but availability (maybe due to high frame fragility/retail price) seems quite bad and the NOS frames are drying up/impossible to find them now. As the the factories in the Far East shifted to alu/carbon back then rather rapidly/abruptly, high-end steel frames became few and far between.

Can't be arsed with anything new/modern (mainly because the really nice new stuff goes for serious monies) , so until the goods I want won't turn up as NOS/NIB, the hoarding will continue, I guess... :roll: :LOL: :twisted:

Interesting....reckon a lot of the high end stuff post 2010 wont be around in rideable condition in 20yrs, certainly from the last 5yrs or so.

I'm after a Surly LHT 54 cm disc or non-disc if any one would like to unburden themselves and give the better half something to smile about.

Re:

I just seem to buy with good intentions of moving something else through.... sound familiar ,I can justify a bike gone once I have stripped it down to parts and sold a few bits off it but keep the rest.......is that wrong?

recently bought a clockwork, minus a few bits.

It went something like

Her= Oh, another bike!!!
Me= Yeah had one when I was younger until it got stolen
Her= Awwww
Me= I know I loved it sooooo much
Her= You should keep it if it brings back memories
Me= Well I bought it on a whim, was thinking I could just move it through back to the fold.
Her= But if you like it you should keep it.
Me= Ok

As you can read, I'm quite innocent with good intentions.

Bought another clockwork frame that weekend :facepalm:

I dont spend £60 on getting my hair done and my last pub round was £10 so 'her' can go and fluff off!

Its a pretty benign habit and supposedly keeps us all fit so our partners should simply embrace the madness and be glad we're not footballers or transvestites

or worse still

'golfers'

Or Anglers. I see them down at the canal side as I go for a jaunt on my MTB. Half look as though they want to chuck themselves in.

The other half probably want to chuck me in. :)

Latest posts

Back