Eastnor mtb challenge with Retro class 19th March

Re: Re:

player":3pnqnk0w said:
Great idea but they're holding it at the wrong time of the year.

If the Eastnor course get's just a sniff of rain beforehand your be pushing 1k of that course (Mountain Mayhem 2012) :roll: :LOL:

Agreed. I'm out. I can understand why because of cost but you're right. The chances of decent conditions at that time of year are slim, plus the retro category is at the end so any hope of a uncut course are gone. And to top things up, a few ex-pro's will turn up and rinse everyone :LOL:

Re:

Last time I was up there it was all overgrown...so may not be too muddy if wet with a carpet of grass :LOL: :LOL: must go check out Eastnor this weekend.

If anyone ventures to Eastnor, if you want another couple of tracks to ride there are a couple if you climb the main hill up and past the Obelisk monument staying on the main track down to the cattle grid... from here if you turn left up the rocky road to another cattle grid BUT about 20 meters before you get to this second grid on your right hand side you will see a large Yew tree which you can ride under then follow this down to the top of Gullet quarry .. its good fun and quite hairy in places at the bottom turn right and back up the 'damp' track to the first cattle grid.

Another good one is, ride to first grid again but this time turn right up the hill crossing several metal water channels, after passing a house there is a small track on the left that winds up around the corner to the right which is both sharp and steep.. carry on untill you arrive at a concrete 'bus stop'.

At this bus stop's open side there are two tracks.. one goes straight down (not very good) or one goes across to the left and disappears into the bush..this one is steep and rooty take this one and follow the obvious path .. at one point there is a right turn you have to take but it is an obvious worn track.. follow right down past the rooty sections and several drop offs to the road below. to get back to the cattle grid turn left at the top of the road past gullet and back up the 'damp' track to the top. HTH

Be careful.

Re: Re:

dazdc5":120exgb7 said:
Last time I was up there it was all overgrown...so may not be too muddy if wet with a carpet of grass :LOL: :LOL: must go check out Eastnor this weekend.

If anyone ventures to Eastnor, if you want another couple of tracks to ride there are a couple if you climb the main hill up and past the Obelisk monument staying on the main track down to the cattle grid... from here if you turn left up the rocky road to another cattle grid BUT about 20 meters before you get to this second grid on your right hand side you will see a large Yew tree which you can ride under then follow this down to the top of Gullet quarry .. its good fun and quite hairy in places at the bottom turn right and back up the 'damp' track to the first cattle grid.

Another good one is, ride to first grid again but this time turn right up the hill crossing several metal water channels, after passing a house there is a small track on the left that winds up around the corner to the right which is both sharp and steep.. carry on untill you arrive at a concrete 'bus stop'.

At this bus stop's open side there are two tracks.. one goes straight down (not very good) or one goes across to the left and disappears into the bush..this one is steep and rooty take this one and follow the obvious path .. at one point there is a right turn you have to take but it is an obvious worn track.. follow right down past the rooty sections and several drop offs to the road below. to get back to the cattle grid turn left at the top of the road past gullet and back up the 'damp' track to the top. HTH

Be careful.

I take it you're local then?

I was born in Colwall moved to Ledbury as a teen and now live just outside Ross.

TBH Mike looking at the ground they've picked they chose well, as it can be as muddy as hell

certainly one to consider for next year..

this pic made me smile, do you reckon he just fancy having a feel ?

Attachments

• perv.JPG
    perv.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,212
Back