Anybody with a blb hitchhiker?

I tried building a comfortable bike based on an 'adventure' / bike packing Fairlight Faran I - it was okay but it just wasn't as good as half decent 90's MTB. Had to change the fork for a cotic one for some comfort/feeling, chronic toe overlap (with SPD's) with guards and don't get me started on cable discs.
All a bit meh. Obviously none of the above might apply to the BLB but if it bothers you like it did me the toe overlap was the final straw.

Picture for wheel clearance reference.
IMG_20200909_115502.jpg

Cheers..both of you.

I did read that one, it was about the only one i saw.

The above is a bit what im afraid of....that actually it will be a bit of a bus on green lanes and honestly no better than a big old 26"er.

This looks an interesting alternative, 650b x 50 clearance, rim brake and plenty of braze ons. Only downside is the xl is out of stock

This looks an interesting alternative, 650b x 50 clearance, rim brake and plenty of braze ons. Only downside is the xl is out of stock

I like that, not cheap for what I assume a far east frame. I'd like to try it though.

Not cheap for a bike with qrs and rim brakes - people are giving them away in their desperation to get bolt thrus and discs.

Isn't that just a 80s mtb frame with the canti studs moved very slightly?! 🤣

Tbh, if i can only get an extra 20mm of headtube over my 91 marin frame sat here, i may as well stick with that and build a touring / gravel /atb (bike) from it. Its been hanging around for ages as i can't get a seatpost for it...30.3, but i have a plan for fixing that.

Plus then all the bits are free and in the cupboard !

Its a pity nobody makes 26" anymore and custom frames have shot up with everything else.!

I do have a 700c bike i ride to work, but its alluminium and im not sure how far i trust it off road as it really wasn't made for that. Green lanes fine, but some of the farm paths here are quite challenging.....let alone the council repaired roads.🤣

Isn't that just a 80s mtb frame with the canti studs moved very slightly?! 🤣

Tbh, if i can only get an extra 20mm of headtube over my 91 marin frame sat here, i may as well stick with that and build a touring / gravel /atb (bike) from it. Its been hanging around for ages as i can't get a seatpost for it...30.3, but i have a plan for fixing that.

Plus then all the bits are free and in the cupboard !

Its a pity nobody makes 26" anymore and custom frames have shot up with everything else.!
No, an 80 or 90s ATB/MTB is a CX frame with the studs moved down for da teeny wheels :)
Could you have a new head tube fitted of the required length?

Back