Reverse retro-mod conversions ?

I did a Trans Provence skills course with Great Rock in the south of France in 2012.

Was fairly under-biked on a Barry White Inbred sporting M730 XT cranks (which were fine) and SunTour wishbone shifters (which weren't).

M730 chainsets should get some kind of "lifetime achievement award" they are pretty much indistructable! Unlike the hollowtech rubbish that followed!

Cranks....not bottom brackets....

Very true... see also their contemporary SunTour, Sakae, TA and Stronglight, to name but four.

And for the bottom bracket, it has to be SunTour XC Pro, surely?

I have Middleburn Bullet valve caps on my 2020 P7 if that counts. xmas present when I was about 15, which was (cough) years ago

Ran DX thumbies until about 2007 when they finally died on a Cannondale F4 and at least 25 years of faithful service.

when braking, the trail stops adjusting when the tyre reaches the downtube, then you get more braking from the tyre rubbing against the frame.
Self-energising braking i think its called.

Slim, straight forks look pretty but are rare in the disc brake era, for good reason.
I think the safety feature here is that it's got tektro cable discs. Imagine some hope rx4s on there🤪

Back