Reverse retro-mod conversions ?

You need to pick your victim. Surly had canti mounts till they decided to opt out the the true global travel game. Those you could fully fit up with good quality 80s kit!

I can see every point in taking modern rubbish off a frame and selling it for pin money, especially as many manufacturers now use the same frame with " upgraded" (cough) kit on each subsequent model. Buy the base model second hand, dump the parts and build with older better quality......got to be a thought.
Indeed the cross check can still do it.

Cross Check is fine for 650b as well BTW, provided you aren't into rooty offroad riding. For road use etc it'll be fine at 650.

I thought about it. Which adapter kits do you mean?
I recall some early adapter kits for 700c to 650b by American companies, but it could be my memory deceiving me. Getting studs ground off and welded lower shouldn't be too expensive though. I'd go drum brakes though.

All I know is that some run the CC at 650 and I have thought about it myself. I'd probably have gotten a disc fork and ran drum in the rear.

But that's why I love the CC, versatility.

The adapter kits were like plates that you bolt unto the canti studs and it allowed you to bolt the brakes lower but it seemed dodgy

The adapter kits were like plates that you bolt unto the canti studs and it allowed you to bolt the brakes lower but it seemed dodgy
Those kits I have seen on Amazon but are for 24" to 26" I think. Never seen them for 650b though

Back