Blimey! (tiny GT Talera beater-bike content) Final update

Re: Blimey! (tiny GT Talera beater-bike content)

Here we go . . .

Forks and stem cleaned up pretty well, decals and bolts retouched. Frame may be a bit more of a challenge.

p5pb13549323.jpg

p5pb13549324.jpg

Re:

dyna-ti":4zj3c62l said:
Forks are a treat .Good as new :cool:

Indeed...

PM me an address over and I'll post you a pair of complete 300LX shifter/brake units,once I'm back at work. They're a bit weathered but seem to operate fine. I'll probably never use them so best send them to a worthy cause :)

Bath time . . .

p5pb13552933.jpg

I think I trip to the LBS may be in order. That shonky bottom bracket ain't budging :evil:

Yep, welcome to the money pit :LOL: Yours looks to be in better nick than mine though :cool:

mamadirt":yl1l36o3 said:
Yep, welcome to the money pit :LOL: Yours looks to be in better nick than mine though :cool:

The pictures I posted were taken by the eBay seller.

I'll post some more accurate ones soon.

Ha ha, they always look better on ebay :LOL:

Looking forward to the updates :D

Front end retouched and now looking pretty tidy. Rear stays and dropouts may be more of a challenge.

p5pb13557132.jpg

p5pb13557133.jpg

Bottom bracket remains a problem - looks like someone has tried to remove it in the past meaning that the driveside cup has bent outwards slightly giving the axle the appearance of being on the skew (it's not - the cranks run straight)

p5pb13557141.jpg

and the peg spanner holes on the non-driveside are shot

p5pb13557140.jpg

There is a bit of axle play so I'll see how that translates once the cranks are on - may need to take it to the LBS to see if they can work some magic.

Back