Spokes: not known
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke / Dart
Tubes: black ones

Saddle: Cheapo Ribble thing
Seatpost: Shimano Deore DX
Seatpost Binder: Shimano Deore XT, GT Collar

Weight: not weighed.

I think I'll call this finished now

One last job and now it is actually finished. I did take it for a quick spin the other day but the rear shifting still wasn't right. Dropped it into my LBS who sorted out the mech hanger and now its silky smooth .

When the weather dries up a bit I'll take it out for some action shots.

Last edited:
View attachment 792204

You've done a great job, similar to my Suntour version. Too small to ride, bit nice to look at 😄
If that is setup to ride it looks to be the right fit from a 90s POV?! A bit of a racy position with the height difference between saddle & bars, but that’s how we rode them!

Although riding them today they can feel like you’ve just stolen a kids bike! 🤣

Does the position feel too extreme or the top tube too short? Also once you’ve been on a 29er (ssshhhhh!!!) 26” wheels feel/look tiny!

If that is setup to ride it looks to be the right fit from a 90s POV?! A bit of a racy position with the height difference between saddle & bars, but that’s how we rode them!

Although riding them today they can feel like you’ve just stolen a kids bike! 🤣

Does the position feel too extreme or the top tube too short? Also once you’ve been on a 29er (ssshhhhh!!!) 26” wheels feel/look tiny!
It's an 18"er and I'm 6'4", It's as simple as that. 😂 My legs are too long for most bikes. I really should chop it in for something I can actually ride to be honest.

It's an 18"er and I'm 6'4", It's as simple as that. 😂 My legs are too long for most bikes. I really should chop it in for something I can actually ride to be honest.
🤣🤣🤣 would love to see where the seatpost should be and how much reach the stem would need for a 6’ 4” frame. Even by early 90s standards they would need to be pretty extreme! 520mm post & 200mm long stem??? Little bikes sure are pretty with sloping top tubes, but I’m a 5’ 7” shorty so biased! 😜

🤣🤣🤣 would love to see where the seatpost should be and how much reach the stem would need for a 6’ 4” frame. Even by early 90s standards they would need to be pretty extreme! 520mm post & 200mm long stem??? Little bikes sure are pretty with sloping top tubes, but I’m a 5’ 7” shorty so biased! 😜
You're very lucky. Being tall can be good at times, but for mtb'ing it's "limiting".

You're very lucky. Being tall can be good at times, but for mtb'ing it's "limiting".
Agree! From climbing, too ducking under branches (or not quite in your case!) to finding stuff that fits and also handles the extra weight/stress without failing. I broke enough stuff being a little scrawny XC whippet. Had x2 16” Zaskars in the 90sand loved them both!

Good luck finding one that fits, bikes need to be ridden as well as looked at!

Last edited:
Back