Feedback
View
:shock:

CjZoGMQWsAAmP7C.jpg

At least it was the right way up, eh? :LOL:

Re: Blimey!

What's new at Dirt Towers Lynne?

Nothing super-exciting but at least it was in one piece . . .

Early 90's GT Talera -
p5pb13538005.jpg

Love the paint job . . . the mis-matched shifters and levers less so, but we'll see. It'll keep me busy over half-term at least.

Looks forward to seeing you work your magic on it :)

The paint doesn't look anywhere near ropey enough for one of your projects though ;)

Re: Blimey! (tiny GT Talera beater-bike content)

Well, having stripped it down today I don't think I shall be working any magic on this one. Frame and forks are sound and I love the paint (although it's definitely in need of some tlc and touching up) but it's crying out for new shifters and levers and a chainset with replaceable rings, bottom bracket needs adjusting (but it's the mega old-school type which I don't have the correct tools for), bars are rusty and need repainting, one of the U brake bolts has rounded, seat needs recovering, etc, etc. I'm loathe to admit defeat but I know I'll end up throwing far too much cash at it if it stays :(

If anyone's after a challenge and has a good supply of spares then please feel free to get in touch. 300LX mechs appear to be fully working although caked in grime. Bottom bracket feels pretty rough. Crank tapers and pedal threads are fine and the steel biopace rings on the chainset don't appear to be too worn. Happy to let the frame, forks and all parts go for £30 posted. The wheels are in pretty good clean condition but with bog standard bolt-on hubs, 7 speed screw-on freewheel and generic Kenda Psycho-alike tyres fitted the wrong way around :LOL: . Braking surfaces are barely worn at all. £25 for the wheelset and tyres if you want them.

Someone please take this project off my hands so I can afford to have my Totems serviced :facepalm:

Edit 31/5/16: Having invested a couple of days stripping, cleaning and retouching I guess it'll have to stay :roll: Watch . . . this . . . space . . .

How about trying a torx bit in the brake bolt? Worked for me before.

If you wants to sort this as a rider I can provide a few bits to help:

Shimano 110bcd crank arms
UN55 bb
Some nice blue/grey riser bars
Wouldn't be after much.

Sure others could help.

Aw cheers, but my problem is that I'll end up spending far too much personalising it without adding any value whatsoever :LOL: - got to let this one go while I still have a bank balance ;) .

mamadirt":21chm2ho said:
Aw cheers, but my problem is that I'll end up spending far too much personalising it without adding any value whatsoever :LOL: - got to let this one go while I still have a bank balance ;) .

:LOL:

Hmmmmm, having slept on it, it's not like me to give up so easily and there's not a chance of getting back what I paid so I reckon we'll give it a go - I do like that paint job :cool:

The rounded brake bolt refuses to budge even with a torx head but hey, brake tension is fine so it can stay where it is. Everything else is off now so I reckon I'll just polish off the rusty bits and leave the patina for now. I have a new pair of Odyssey brake levers I can use and the original left-hand shifter is fine so if anyone has a basic Shimano right hand STI 7 speed jobbie (100/200gs/300LX M020) for not much cash then please get in touch) - until then I can use the mechs stopped down and secured with short cable and run it singlespeed . . . if I get that far :LOL:

Here we go . . . did I mention the paint job? :p

p5pb13548271.jpg

Back