Blimey! (tiny GT Talera beater-bike content) Final update

Re: Blimey! (tiny GT Talera beater-bike content)

mamadirt":tyavtovp said:
G'wan!! Gotta be worth a try :cool:

Just the response i needed :facepalm: :LOL: , i think the mrs will loose the plot when she finds out another project on the go albeit a quick one this time with 1x7 gears this time ;) .

Oh bugger! i'm gonna need some big hooks from some where so i can re organise the bikes in my shed :facepalm: hmm i think i better get that done 1st eh! just as soon as this pain goes from my ahem op :roll: ..

Good stuff!!

I must admit I feel like I'm floundering with this resto now though. Just inspected the rear wheel, axle is bent, spokes at first glance appeared in pretty good condition but I can see now they've been resprayed and most are loose and removing the axle has revealed a lucky dip mixture of bearings :facepalm: I've managed to straighten the axle (probably best to replace it though) and found the correct size bearings so at least it runs 'smoothly' :LOL: (in the loosest sense of the word). We'll see . . .

That axle won't be properly straight and will still be weakend from being bent so not worth the risk although i admire your willingness to get it sorted but i've been down that route before and anyway it will drive you round the bend not being able to get the wheel to run perfectly straight so buying a solid axle may be your cheapist option ..

Yes if i get the shed organised 1st then it shouldn't take long to build the bike although it won't be pretty but i should imagine it will be a good hack bike which should also be good for me to get fit on and don't go giving up on your little project as that's a cracking little frame and deserves a second chance ..

Still here ;) . . .
p5pb13615524.jpg

. . . and progressing slowly. Not sure whether to keep the gears (I'll go 1 x 7) or singlespeed it now (taken the thumbies off as they don't play that well with the cowhorns :facepalm: ).

You can rotate Deore DX and XT shifters on their mounts if the start/finish position is an issue?

If you undo the bolt that holds the shifter to the clamp body you will see pegs and holes for 3 positions, more if you want to rotate 90degrees or more :) You just need to be mindful of the cables position on the shifter compared to the hole it goes through with the barrel on the clamp if you get what I mean.

Minifreak":1reeb4ag said:
You can rotate Deore DX and XT shifters on their mounts if the start/finish position is an issue?

Plus 1 i had a similar setup many moons ago and found with a little trial and error as they say i was finally happy with my thumbies ;) ..

Latest posts

Back