What year is this GT Talera bike?

isay99

Retro Newbie
Good afternoon, could you help me by indicating if this GT Talera MTB bike that I acquired, what year is it? And what do you think about this model please,

The serial number is WYF6G1759

Greetings and thank you very much.

IMG_20220926_135413.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220926_132442.jpg
    IMG_20220926_132442.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 6
That frame number format is unfamiliar to me! Something to add to the spreadsheet. However, the Alivio is MC-12, which should make it either a 1995 or 1996 model. I am going to guess the 6 in the frame number means it's 1996 - I'll check to see if that matches the paint scheme.

Thank you very much for your help, from what I understand the bmx frame is good, and corresponds to the year 1996. So you had not seen that model of bicycle?
Regarding your experience, what is your opinion about that bike?
I greatly appreciate your help.

The frame number is a different format from others I have collected, but then I have not collect many that late into the 90s.
It was only second up from the bottom of the GT steel range that year. It would be perfectly good for getting around on and the Alivio components will all work fine if they are tweaked to make sure they are correctly set up. It won't be very light.
It will ride better than a cheap new bike, but if you are looking for something nicer, then hold out for one a bit higher in the range, or a similar level bike from another brand.

I appreciate a lot of information, I'm just starting out on this mountain bike thing and I'm a collector of bmx GT and Dyno 20
Greetings.

Back