Yeti FRO -> C-26 Prototype replica tribute project

I have bought the ebay BMX BB, and I'll see.
For my project, I would really prefer to built the crank as original, but finding original bearing is quite difficult and… expensive.
I prefer to try many solution for going near original system. And it would work better : if I remember, the Bullsey crank's bearin were not so strong…

24pouces":1cvi2kv6 said:
...For my project, I would really prefer to built the crank as original, but finding original bearing is quite difficult and… expensive.

Anyway if you find some new Bullseye bearings. As new as they are, so bad they are. They have play if new or used. I find new ones and they have so many play as the used ones. The best bb is the old school us (american) bb like in my Schwinn klunker....

crankset von KadaverFleischWalD auf Flickr

bullseye crank + bottom bracket von KadaverFleischWalD auf Flickr

And I don't prefer the option, that I sanded down the axle :cry:

Cheers,
Michael

24pouces":3j65dl3b said:
I have bought the ebay BMX BB, and I'll see.
For my project, I would really prefer to built the crank as original, but finding original bearing is quite difficult and… expensive.
I prefer to try many solution for going near original system. And it would work better : if I remember, the Bullsey crank's bearin were not so strong…

I'll post some pictures tomorrow of my BMX/Bullseye kit. I think it looks "retro" enough ;-)

Any further developments on this one mate, im still glued to my seat.... :cool:

Nah, I don't expect to see anything until early spring at best. I told CH I would not bother him and I don't intent do.

I guess I could post some parts as they come together though...

So no rust from the inside problems like some syncros revolution cranks?

Back