retro bike spotted today.

I don't see many retro bikes around, but found a Kona to park next to last week:

Next%2Bto%2Ba%2BKona.jpg

Re:

A Gary Fisher Excalibur? (a Trek OCLV with Gary's branding) in commuting duties in a random train station in Germany. Owner was the woman behind it, with the pink jacket and heels, on her way to work. Nice! Bike mostly original except for the crappy front v-brake.

Attachments

• Gary Fisher.jpg
    Gary Fisher.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 799
Re:

There's a Klein Pulse and an Orange E6 on the racks at work.

Must remember to get some pics.

kingoffootball":39gp7se7 said:
I don't see many retro bikes around, but found a Kona to park next to last week:

Next%2Bto%2Ba%2BKona.jpg

With the £5 lock the kona was secured with, that bike is very likely to get pinched (certainly before yours).

Re:

I never see anything interesting where I live, it's all new-fangled full sussers, 29ers and carbon road bikes, or BSOs and nothing much in-between.

Re:

xerxes":3coqhwcs said:
I never see anything interesting where I live, it's all new-fangled full sussers, 29ers and carbon road bikes, or BSOs and nothing much in-between.

Here in Germany there is an established "bike culture" of using the bike for commuting, the theft level is acceptable (excluding big cities like Berlin) and people like to buy good bikes and take care of them, so it's amazing the bikes I see every day on my train commute being used to just go to work. Bontragers, Trek OCLVs, Kuwaharas, Moultons...

Most have been customized for commuting, with lights, mudguards, etc, but still....

Re:

Saw this Bianchi being used as a town bike in Tavira, Portugal last week. Double top tube. No idea of age, but canti's make me think it is quite old.

Re:

I spotted this outside the local post office.......... unlocked :facepalm:

Roberts white spider, straight fork - its bad when you can spot this from 20 meters away.

I popped over for a chat (and the obligatory will you sell your bike Question) Turns out its a pride and joy ride, owned from new in 1988 and built at covent garden cycles, all original bar the rear wheel that some scrote stole.

suntour shifters & mechs, deore XT brakeset, wtb/mavic fr wheel, hope rear, mavic crankset, salsa stem, suntour seatpin, brooks saddle, XYZ bar ends........ nice

had to wave bye :(

IMG_20160927_130637_zpsflw9gal3.jpg

Re:

Nice Roberts there – nice blue frame. The owner is taking a BIG risk leaving it unlocked outside a shop like that, particularly if they'd had it new from '88 – it could be gone in a second – kind of thing I have nightmares about with mine...

Back