£10 challenge

Lemonyellow

Retro Newbie
274A582D-C1D6-4ED9-A9B8-E4ACD257FFA3.jpeg 274A582D-C1D6-4ED9-A9B8-E4ACD257FFA3.jpeg Managed to build this up at the weekend for the over price of an expensive pint of lager. The weekend started by winning a diamond back for £4:20 that I thought the frame might make an interesting project for the future. It was only around the corner so why not?
Well I picked it up and the frame was really what I was after, however. Turns out the fella had, had a go at doing it up so it had new tyres inner tubes, grips, shifters, cassette and chain. He was selling it as the gears weren’t right. That was due to having the wrong chain.
So the picture of course is a Marin. I had been keeping an eye on it on market place and whilst having a brew and contemplating what to do about the diamond back this changed to a free if collected today job. I was told to pick it up from behind the skip so you can imagine it was pretty rough.
Sunday was spent cleaning and swapping parts about. Luckily all of the parts needing replacing were the best parts from the other bike. I now have a fun fully working bike and the only new part needed was a gear cable.
What are other peoples budget builds? Anyone else feel a bit more satisfaction in saving a bike than spending a fortune on parts ?

lady luck must have been on your side that day !

maybe you have started a new challenge for any other members to get a bike for a tenner ?

Back