My wife says I have a problem!

I'm up to 8 full, running bikes at this point. Just picked up #8 about a week ago.
My wife just gives me "The Look" and shakes her head when I show her a bike...

Garage at this point looks like this...
bikes stored (2).jpg

I'm just imagining what the barn find retrobike posts of 2060 are going to be like...

I have two rules. I buy bikes which are the same colour, and make sure they arrive when she is out of the house. That way when she sees a grey bike, she assumes it is the same bike. There have been three new grey bikes in the last 2 years.

I have no wife so no problem there... Although I have discovered I am a weak willed spend-a-holic, due to issues I have I decided to swap from my 20+ bikes, which take up loads of room, to RC crawlers/cars which take up somewhat less room... I had 7 of those up until today when I got N+1... 🤪 :eek:🤣🤣🤣

I have no wife so no problem there... Although I have discovered I am a weak willed spend-a-holic, due to issues I have I decided to swap from my 20+ bikes, which take up loads of room, to RC crawlers/cars which take up somewhat less room... I had 7 of those up until today when I got N+1... 🤪 :eek:🤣🤣🤣
Sell me your fillet brazed stuff 😍

I have somewhere between 35-40 old vintage mountain bikes. Today went past a garage sale saw bikes and had to stop and check them out. Was a matching set of 1990 Mongoose Switchback bikes in almost perfect condition, what I think is 100% original! The seller wanted $50 for both bikes and I didn't even try to talk him down. The wife thinks I need an intervention!

Does anyone else have this problem?
Yes indeed. In fact I'm really in hot water now. Sunday tip run, and what is sat there with the rusty Halfords tat & my old tyres? Only a 1989 Giant Escaper, complete with beautiful black Araya rims & full Deore MT62 groupset. It's even got it's original Giant branded bottle cage. Oh, missing seat & post but I have something for that. My logic for this £20 purchase is that I'm getting "rid of" the Iron Horse AT70 since the frame is mangled (By getting rid I mean strip it of useful parts for use on other builds then take the bare frame to the tip, because everything else is useful of course) but we all know it makes sense to rescue such an early, well specced, bike... Doesn't it?

Latest posts

Back