Overbury's Pioneer 1988 - Finished Page 8

Re:

I have an un-boxed but NOS Deore II long-cage rear mech on hand that I don't really need, in case you're interested.

Re: Re:

k-rod":7psxwe17 said:
I have an un-boxed but NOS Deore II long-cage rear mech on hand that I don't really need, in case you're interested.

could well be interested depending on how my project one comes along ;) and price of course. will drop you a pm if the experiment doesn't come off.

meanwhile found these in the shed :D

IMAG1530_zpsj7w6ia2k_edit_1454618137452_zpsusxkvjhr.jpg

RBG

Re:

Update on parts....

Rear derailleur was £1 off car boot, it was scratched to hell and had a snapped cable adjuster rusted in so drilled it out, re-tapped, replaced adjuster, peak polish on the aluminium and rattlecan the face plate.

Brake levers £2..... car boot ..... polish the levers and thats that!

Front derailleur..... similar treatment..and under a fiver off the bay.

IMAG1539_zpsiw53tnfv.jpg

Parts search continues

RBG

Re:

little bit of an update

parts search has paid off, got a choice of 2 stems and managed to source the black deore II groupset thanks to many people on here and the old ebay.

bars & stem = got a nice tange prestige handlebar and T-bone stem :mrgreen: for an aggressive riding position and a marin lite with a roller for if I choose a more comfortable riding position. I know I really wanted a roller stem but after reading the mbuk article on the pioneer I could see they used the T-bone so I consider it an acceptable option for the build

IMAG1610_zpss4cyv22f.jpg

RBG

IMAG1604_zpsqqz85dfm.jpg

IMAG1602_zpsvzw5epgh.jpg

Re: Overbury's Pioneer 1988

Nice! I think the Tioga set-up will look top notch :)

legrandefromage":2esj4uoi said:
I have two pairs of the bigger MT-60 pedals if they dont float your boat.

Will certainly bare this in mind LGF, it is an option for if I go the earlier 18speed & 4 finger lever on its ass.

I managed to spray the comp ones up at the weekend but cant quite figure out how to get the white detail into the lettering, other than that they look great :) , picked up a pair of deore II hubs in black laced to Wolbers which I thought was going to be hard to find and a 1" headset thanks to Adrian, black deore U brake frm the bay....... we are flying

the parts collection so far.....

IMAG1612_zpsmckkvh9o.jpg

IMAG1616_zpsr1ydmhdo.jpg

I have finally committed to a colour so off it went to paint yesterday, it'll be back in a couple of weeks - no going back now!

RBG

Can't see from your pic what the bolts are like for the pedals but if they're a bit rusty you can pick up enough stainless ones to do both pedals on eBay for about £1.50 posted.

Great haul of parts Lee :) Looking forward to seeing the frame with fresh paint!

Back