Overbury's Pioneer 1988 - Finished Page 8

Re:

That must be a Deore II group you have right? Will be perfect for that :cool:

Re: Re:

raidan73":1qyveewe said:
That must be a Deore II group you have right? Will be perfect for that :cool:

Oh no... expectations :shock: Deore DX I was thinking....., I do have a Deore II rear derailleur somewhere, I guess it would be more 'period correct' but would have to source the other parts
lijstje.gif

but ..... the DX stuff is sat there, begging to be used
nooo.gif

RBG

Re: Overbury's Pioneer ... finally!

Glad to see the spec list has become such a good reference these days. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing what you do here, there are so many references to paint on here now, you cant go wrong, and looking at your completed Roberts find, you wont. :cool:

sinnerman":1nkf470i said:
Glad to see the spec list has become such a good reference these days. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing what you do here, there are so many references to paint on here now, you cant go wrong, and looking at your completed Roberts find, you wont. :cool:

Certainly the words I like to hear - I will always follow my heart with my rides and pretty much do what I want but..... I do like to listen to the critics and purists, they can steer you in a direction sometimes that hadn't come to mind - Hope I don't disappoint.

RBG

signing up also, cant believe how many have been rescued on these hallowed pages :) this should be a belter

Re:

Small update on where we are going now......

after initially going DX because it was to hand it was suggested maybe the more period parts would compliment the frame so the DX has now being shelved and the search is on for its older sister .... Deore II, the parts are coming together well and should have a whole groupset soon enough.

Cheers for the 'period correct' nudge raidan73 ;)

IMAG1516_zpswo4onzad.jpg

RBG

Give jimbo-cx a pm. He has just pulled a Dawes quest out of the skip will full deore on it. I bumped his thread in chat so it's right at the top

Great choice by the way

xxnick1975":3s3k6due said:
Give jimbo-cx a pm. He has just pulled a Dawes quest out of the skip will full deore on it. I bumped his thread in chat so it's right at the top

Great choice by the way

Yeah, cheers for the heads up, I just saw that but pretty much got what I need now ......and it needed to be black :cool:

RBG

Back