Mystery Sports Frame 30's 40's HELP!

Re:

Yes the serial number an odd place and checked classic lightweights frame number and nothing on there. I remember looking for a mystery frame I have and seeing a Selbach with similar lugs as yours. Not sure if there is one here. Just googled and found a tandem with serial number 59/ at the beginning but thread stops and a Selbach. Also you have gear hangers on your fear chain stays so it would of had gears, Cyclo maybe, Sully.

Simon

Re:

Hi, looks late 30's, brampton fittings, but as far as the maker is concerned, your only hope is that serial number, that is a very unusual spot, it is a very generic build from that era I'm afraid. Its not a Selbach I'm afraid, the top builders were moving on from this type of build in the late thirties. Terry

Attachments

• brampton_39.png
    brampton_39.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 347
Re:

Nice one Terry! I wasn't 100% sure. Not sure Sunbeam either. Did they use Reynolds tubing or Brampton lugs?

Simon

Thanks Tel

Yep, that's a match on the lugs. I'm sure I looked at that image yesterday but I might be going VCC Library blind.

I don't really mind what maker it is....just want to know. 531 or equivalent though so not too bad.

Sunbeam???
http://veterancycleclublibrary.org.uk/ncl/pics/Marston%20catalogue%201939%20(V-CC%20Library).pdf

Did they use Reynolds tubing or Brampton lugs?
Yes to Reynolds and looks like Brampton

It bears a strong resemblance to the link I keep failing at posting!

Sunbeam Super Club Sports 1939: Russ forks, cyclo hanger, parallel, Reynolds etc

Back