Please help ID Holdsworth? Claud Butler? Hobbs?

Re:

Just got in and could see no holes now. Yeah its quite smudged and wonder if anyone has one? Looks very CB to me. Try Norman Kilgariff's site also.

Simon

Re:

Sure its ok to post URLs. Much better to see details. Some had headbadges and some didn't with Manufacturers. Not sure why but could be the lack of metals available after the war or to keep the price down? Remember, you could get any spec made then and priced accordingly.

Very interesting, thanks.

So running with the CB idea I was looking at the Super Velo, International Club or Closed Circuit. The only one that has a 22 1/2" frame standard in 1949 is the Closed Circuit but as you say, any spec was on the table really.

What do you think?

Could well be any of them. Your lack of chrome ends doesn't help but could of been a money save also? On the rear stays there are mudguard eyelets and rear reflector eyelet, used on 30s-40s bikes. Can't see them on some of the models but again an option if wanted?
I have a lugless frame and sold as a CB but couldn't find anything that looked like it and it turned out to be a 46-7 Royal Enfield Firefly. Keep searching and asking but CB looking I would say.

Re:

CB did a few bronze welded frames just before WW2. This looks pre war, but the number suggests 1947. Could have been built for someone who always wanted a 38/39 model, or just used old stock blades.

Not many genuine 2 plate crowns used either, its got to be CB.
Wish I still had Mrs K's 1956 Avant Coureur bi laminate.

Keith

Re:

Strange thing is the chainwheel is date stamped with an "X" (as per photo) which I read to be 1935. The cranks don't seem to match though so perhaps just a replacement

Do you have any photos of the bi-lam?

Back