Please help ID Holdsworth? Claud Butler? Hobbs?

This is the best I can do, colour pale blue, the c1000 chainset has become a 49D with TA adaptor rings, the Simplex TDF is now Campagnolo GS, and the wheels are Weinmann 11 ounce wood inserts on Campagnolo GS hubs, with light Dunlop 1's I think about 6 ounces.

Attachments

• Dsc02891s.jpg
    Dsc02891s.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 440
Re:

Hi, if it is a Claud which does look a sound bet, the serial number makes that a October 1942, first digit being the year and the next one or in this case two digits being the month. Being war time would explain the non standard 'catalogue' collection of features. Claud did produce during the war, I have a 42 club continental which is a bit of a mix, your fork looks pre war, and a piece of art. Good luck with the build. Terry

Fantastic to see Keith and thanks for sharing. Sounds like a lovely set up. What were the brake calipers and levers?

Terry - thanks so much. I was hoping somebody could make some sense out of the serial number. '47 sounded feasible but when I went back to '39 it looked familiar as well so '42 sounds spot on.

I hope it's not a Mass Start because the frame finish is well beyond my keen amateur skills!

Re:

The mudguard eyes were for Bluemels "quick release" fittings. The fixing bolt was flatted and had a small wingnut so that they could be retained in the mudguard stays when removed, and slotted in without completely undoing the wingnut, about 2 turns was enough.

Keith

Back