My first build... Xcpro2

Re: My first build...

Well if you fancy going down the route of just throwing parts on the Zaskar to see what you think then why not otherwise you'll never be certain if you've done the right thing .

I think i'd be likely to agree with you regards getting your mate to see to the p7 as it will be alot of time and effort sorting it out ..

Ill do the cleanup on the P7 myself (did the same job 20+ years ago!) but might see if I can get the clear lacquer done professionally. As for the Zaskar I'd have thought mirror finish will happen at some point, but I may well leave that for now to focus on the orange- it's probably more likely that will be done first given I have everything but a steerer for it. We shall see what turns up...

Fair one mate i quite understand wanting to do the prep work on the Orange yourself before having a professional do the lacquering as you seem more than upto the job unlike myself and getting a good lacquer finish isn't easy so having a pro do it makes pefect sense and like you say getting the orange done 1st is probably best seen as you've got nearly everything for which will most likely leave you doing a slow build on the Zasker due to getting the parts you need ..

I'm still not a huge fan of the saddle, although I picked up something similar to use on another bike (stop gap) which appears to have quite a lot more give in it... think that might end up being a lot better.

So what brand is this latest saddle then mate and have you made any progress on the p7 frame yet ? ..

Not sure on the make, but it was the cheapest one on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262404298733
Worth mentioning the colour on both are nothing like the pictures showed!

Orange is now ready for its first ride- hoping to get out on it later once the rain stops. It has turned out nice- build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=351215

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tIB":382mfgfr said:
Not sure on the make, but it was the cheapest one on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262404298733
Worth mentioning the colour on both are nothing like the pictures showed!

Orange is now ready for its first ride- hoping to get out on it later once the rain stops. It has turned out nice- build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=351215

Ah So! their chinese copies so be careful mate as that will explain why it's softer than your other one although the seller does have decent feed back so they maybe okay ;) .

I hadn't noticed your build thread :oops: so i'll catch up on there in a mo as their has been a fair bit of upset in the family recently so i've been rather distracted and i look forward to your feedback on the P7s 1st ride ;) ..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little update: finally got this rolling how I want with a new wheelset: much lighter and a little narrower = win. Ties in with the colour scheme too!

I'm between adding suspension to this or keeping it rigid- just been for a ride and wrist feels ok, I was noticing it before a day or so after so will see.

No longer a 69er too, since my wheels came as a set- another reason to maybe add suspension: might raise the front a little. It rides fine though so I'm not too bothered- I suppose I could look at rapid robs in 29" if I was that bothered, but suspect I'm not.

2016-08-09_12-39-48 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Hi mate , wow that's looking great :cool: and if your not getting bad wrists then why think about changing the forks and yes those tires really do fit in real nicely so much so they look like they were meant for it ;) ..

Back