My first build... Xcpro2

Re: My first build...

So close yet so far...

powerlink was a complete shit- never used one before but couldn't get it on or even get it slotting together without any chain - ended up fitting it using more traditional methods. Not half as easy as it looks on YouTube!

Also had an accident with my rear wheel- tried to switch cassette over to a different rear as my ditchwitch was buckled and some nipples are rounded. Accidentally locked it on further and couldn't get ot off again. The workaround was to fix the wheel by doing the slotted screwdriver trick- must have lost a couple of hours there... and I'll still need a better wheel as the ditchwitch is super heavy... also had come adjustment issues, which I'm hoping I've solved now.

Hopefully get the first ride in later in the week...

Re:

What on earth is a "ditchwitch"?

Google wasn't much help: :D

16382816592_f6358404cd_k.jpg

27628974381_db88a3ff6b_k.jpg

Maiden voyage complete, hoping to get dirty at some point this weekend...

I'm not a fan of modern looking bikes tbh but yours mmm lovely and can't wait for the ride update ..

I was tempted to strip the decals and paint, but can just about live with it as is- the silver xcpro's are passable!

Know what you mean on new bikes- they look like spaceships. I like the look on these though, especially with rigid forks. We will see how that works out in practice...

tIB":3o41yspa said:
I was tempted to strip the decals and paint, but can just about live with it as is- the silver xcpro's are passable!

Know what you mean on new bikes- they look like spaceships. I like the look on these though, especially with rigid forks. We will see how that works out in practice...

Yes i'd of been tempted to do some stripping to if it were in my stable but i can't help but feel the looks of it just keeps growing on me although i wouldn't of classed new bikes as looking like space ships as much alot of them to me just lack character but their are some wacky looking bikes our there and some real dull looking ones too which would require a fair bit of soul searching as they say if i had to buy one .

Any how that frame reminds me of my 5.2 i've got just got as a stripped frame waiting for something to happen to it which may or may not be rescued from a life of nothingness ..

I might be way off the mark but it kind of reminds me of a zaskar/p7 cut and shut: front end GT, back end orange with a bit of carbon thrown in! Perhaps it's wishful thinking?!

Anyway, looks aside enjoyed my first xc ride on it today- pretty light I'd imagine by some here's standards but hit some rocks and overgrown footpaths to see how the wrist feels tomorrow. Hoping I can get away withoit suspension on this one...

https://flic.kr/p/JaaHhc

Re:

I wouldn't de-dacal that, I think the frame looks really smart. It's the yellow bits I'm not so sure about, but I'm an old fart that thinks that all bike parts, other than the frame, should be black or silver. :p

Back