My first build... Xcpro2

Re: My first build...

Ha, Im an old fart who thinks the opposite! Actually I used to be the same- my nickel P7 was that way and the bits will transfer over to a zaskar build some time soon so you might like my next one... Colour scheme on this one was born out of me being sent the wrong colour seat for my roady P7- ordered orange, got yellow and quite liked it!

I'd hoped the decals weren't lacquered over... they are. Might well do something with it paint wise in the future... if I can talk a sprayer friend of mine into it.

That's annoying that the decals are lacquered but normally that would be a good thing and the Zaskar orange theory doesn't come across to me but that could just be my usual interests being different and i like the yellow by the way as it doesn't appear to be to much although those sadles ouch !! are somthing i'd be wary of using as they don't look that strong unless your a light weight ..

Flikr is playing up atm so i'll check it out later on ...

I'm no lightweight unfortunately! Saddle was an experiment- I do like the look of them but will see how we get on comfort wise... it isn't the best though so far haven't noticed too much of a difference from my road saddle. I remain firmly committed to form over function!

Tell you what, I've really enjoyed my rediscovered bike geeking. A lot easier now we have the internet to research everything... 20 odd years ago you had to actually know helpful and knowledgeable people. Now YouTube cuts out the middle man! Nice to get tooled up too... it's the little things I enjoy!

I hardly use you tube because if i want to know anything i look on the forum or google it but i'm just the opposite to you and prefer function over form and over 20 years ago i use to read mags and ask questions at my lbs if i wasn't sure about anything so it never seemd that hard to get any answers ..

Re:

I have the saddle yours was copied from- tioga spyder and I am a serious heavy weight!
Everyone said it was a mistake but I love it!
Only took one ride to get used to it but now it is one of the best I have tried :D
Kes

I'd read reviews on that and thought a copy was worth a try- I've repositioned a little but first impressions are that the copy I have is OK. Will see if it improves with the tweaks...

Re: Re:

scottproonly":1kgw3g8u said:
I have the saddle yours was copied from- tioga spyder and I am a serious heavy weight!
Everyone said it was a mistake but I love it!
Only took one ride to get used to it but now it is one of the best I have tried :D
Kes

TheTioga spyder now that name sounds real familiar and good to see a proper good weight testing no insult intended as i'm far from light weight myself and a couple of years ago i spotted one of the copies on fea bay and asked around for peoples opinions of them and their was all but one person whon said don't buy them their not safe and i never have due to worrying over possible injury ..

Re:

That's looking pretty good, let us know how it rides off-road, that's what really matters. I wouldn't worry about the saddle, if we worried about injury too much we'd never get on a bike in the first place; having said that though, it might be your crown jewels on the line :shock:
Do yourself a favour though and buy a decent D-lock, that cable lock doesn't look like much of a deterrent.

Aiy, not the best that one though its usually wrapped around my roady P7 in about as secure a work environment as you could hope for- I work in a Junior school so the grounds are under lock and key for 90% of the day. I'll take your advice though if I ever start leaving outside elsewhere.

As for the saddle I'll suck it and see - Im not concerned enough to change it at the moment. The plan was to try out a clone and then upgrade to the tioga if I liked it... not sure they do them in yellow though!

First ride proper felt good- need to look at my rear wheel again as think it might be a little tight on the crowns, other than that I was happy, albeit in a novice kind of way!

FWIW here is the roady, which other than the orange bits (!) was someone else's build:

2016-05-27_05-32-33 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Back