Mountain mayhem 2019 aftermath thread

Re: Re:

widowmaker":2bewc0hw said:
Thanks to all those from Retrobike who organised this weekend, and those who's passion, obsession and individual character made for a fun and relaxed time.

After a year of cycling inactivity I was in two minds whether to come and put my body through what I knew was going to be real pain (following a recent, failed, Hernia repair and another that needs repairing) The course wasn't the worst I have ridden but it was evident early on that my cardio, legs and hernia pain were going to make it hard going, my lap's consisted of short bursts, walking, nausea, shredded shins from my pedal studs, and trying to stop my internal organs bursting through my stomach wall :shock: :( And all the time my Explosif was trying to rip me to peices :D On the Retrobike hecker section I made the mistake of getting off to push up the hill and then noticed I couldn't bend my legs which is quite important for cycling I believe :cry: Thanks to the lad on our team (who's name escapes me :oops: ) who offered to finish the lap for me :cool:

Would I do it again - Damn right I would :LOL:

See you next year :cool:

P.S I'll be fitter, leaner and stronger - I PROMISE :LOL: :LOL:

You did great, and failed to mention you did 2 laps on the trot which is some going :)

What a great atmosphere you guys created. You gave me the kick to get up that final climb on each lap. i even passed some people on it....amazingly.

Bring on next year!!! I'm going to get me a Zaskar to match Will's or maybe even a Pantera :LOL:

Does anyone know who the official event photographers were?

Hello Retrobike..... Thank you for the entertainment, high fives and heckling as I finished my laps. At one point I though I’d gone back in time to the early nineties as there was a Rave going on and some stunning 90’s bikes lining the course. Thanks to those that took the time to talk to me on Friday evening as I drank my brew. See you next year!

al-onestare":3dad3f69 said:
Full report to come, some pic's in the meantime.

For me, the finest bike there - yeah, I said it. All the best bits of "our" old bikes but with the best bits of now. And all of that is painted, not a decal in site. Top chaps at the Magura stand too.

bMEImc.jpg

Friday early afternoon, the calm before the storm...

TzlHjB.jpg

Filling up...

bvgRk8.jpg

Dusk...

aNsQec.jpg

The money shot Friday night :cool:

eekxwz.jpg

Saturday morning early doors and 30 minutes later most of the camp was fettling - I've never see so many people fiddling with bikes in one place :LOL:

4YNofR.jpg

Baby bike meets the grown ups. It had the last laugh though.

FHy3Nm.jpg

Time for a little stroll :LOL:

8AL1ay.jpg

Way too many serious faces here.

FFwTon.jpg

Couple of handover shots.

OcrmLc.jpg

fIOJ9B.jpg

NClghR.jpg

Final lap scenes - the stoke was off the chart all weekend.

4vaZeV.jpg

I can't wait to see the official photographs - they had some great spots around the course.

Good to meet you Al, sorry i didnt come back for a chat and to check out your bike, so much to do and so many people i never got chance to catch up with.

Here are a couple more of your bike at the start, i was stood there a while before i even noticed it :LOL:

Ready to catch the pack...

..decided to take it easy :cool:

Mark

Attachments

• P1011397 (Medium).JPG
    P1011397 (Medium).JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 744
  • P1011396 (Medium).JPG
    P1011396 (Medium).JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 744
  • P1011391 (Medium).JPG
    P1011391 (Medium).JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 744
Re:

:LOL: I was politely reminded that we were meant to stroll with our bike to the start line and not get on immediately hence "deciding" was really being shouted at to get off :LOL:

And no worries dude - we all had a lot going on.

Back