Mountain mayhem 2019 aftermath thread

And one of Chris on the jump

Attachments

• CL.jpg
    CL.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,714
This weekend was everything I hoped for and more, it was great to meet you guys and I just want to thank all who made it happen and who made me feel so welcome.

I will never forget the Osprey drop as long as I live, nor the cheer I got from the marshals for surviving it. :facepalm:
What an absolutely superb weekend! :cool:

Attachments

• 6C158DEE-679D-4581-B883-1D90F457920F.jpeg
    6C158DEE-679D-4581-B883-1D90F457920F.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 1,703
  • 34670EF9-8EAA-4666-8FAF-8D6D4275320F.jpeg
    34670EF9-8EAA-4666-8FAF-8D6D4275320F.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,703
  • 60991B4D-E1A9-4920-8A1A-DDECEC16291E.jpeg
    60991B4D-E1A9-4920-8A1A-DDECEC16291E.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 1,703
Re:

I am super pleased to hear that everyone from RB had such a great time, and managed to contribute to the overall atmosphere of the event. Keep the pictures and reports coming.

While I am not really the competitive type, I am slightly interested to learn who managed the quickest lap time, and on what bike. Having seen both of these guys ride at the Brighton Big Dog, I reckon that it is likely to be Mike Muzz or perhaps more likely, Mike Splatter Paint.

Pip

Re: Re:

pipmeister":tcy8wf2i said:
I am super pleased to hear that everyone from RB had such a great time, and managed to contribute to the overall atmosphere of the event. Keep the pictures and reports coming.

While I am not really the competitive type, I am slightly interested to learn who managed the quickest lap time, and on what bike. Having seen both of these guys ride at the Brighton Big Dog, I reckon that it is likely to be Mike Muzz or perhaps more likely, Mike Splatter Paint.

Pip

Possibly Martin from our northern 5 man team, lap 9 with a 33:16 on his 92 orange. Mike had a 35:32 I’m assuming on his P22. There’s a 27:20 posted by Gruff but I’ve no idea what bike, that’s a super fast time...

All times here, just open up the teams clicking on the green plus.

http://www.chipresults.co.uk/live24/ind ... eventId=33

Re:

Surprisingly, to me at least, my fastest lap was on the heaviest bike. The Giant MCM is around 3/4kg heavier than the P22 on which I did my first two laps, and the Bianchi that I used for my last two. I posted my slowest two daytime laps on that one, which is also surprising to me, given that it's the same weight as the Ritchey, but with suspension and decent brakes, more confidence inspiring for any 'situations'. I know fatigue plays a part, but even so.
Martin, Harry Crumb, is better than me in terms of fitness and bike handling, I could learn from him....... if I could keep up!
Top fella too.
For his team to get 21 out of 63 is a strong result too, so well done lads!

Mike

Hotwheels.":hi0h3mda said:
I'm not entirely sure Gruff's 27 is genuine. :LOL:
Hmm..... we did talk about riding from the camp to the finish and through the timing gate...…... :LOL:

oooh, the back to work morning come down...

Despite the aches lumps one lap, one lovely lap and a reasonably respectable time achieved apparently

So thank you for making the caveman welcome and thank you for the food and the coffee

Now its off to work

*Who do I thank for the nice shiny frame?

Back