1988 Team Stumpjumper

yes, it’s mostly original and the idea is to restore it. I wish the top tube decals were in better conditions…
View attachment 831296
That looks like a life well lived and recorded in patina, that logo is so deeply scorched into the collective consciousness that even non pedal plebs will know what it says.

I'm with Spanky, that will polish up lovely and still retain it's character.

yes, it’s mostly original and the idea is to restore it. I wish the top tube decals were in better conditions…
View attachment 831296
If it was me i'd just leave it as it is it's part of the history of the bike and it's not really bad considering how old it is,it shows it was used but looked after in my eyes. Give the frame and forks a good clean, t cut and loads of polishing and it should come up a treat.

As others as mentioned, this is a lovely year and model. U brake, 6 speed XT, four finger brake levers, Biopace, Japanese built, it's got it all going on! Even has the dork-disc and wheel reflectors!

You can get replacement stickers/decals but there's lots of love and appreciation for patina on here and a good clean and polish will make this a lovely shiny bit of history along battle scars and all. Sounds like a description of my bald head!!! 🤣🤣🤣

The great guru @Imlach often quotes "Patina is Perfection". And I agree with him 100% on that one. There is a thread on saddle restoration that would bring that Turbo back to life...

Oops, this was the correct thread for saddle restoration:

Thanks to @Peachy! 💪👍

The great guru @Imlach often quotes "Patina is Perfection". And I agree with him 100% on that one. There is a thread on saddle restoration that would bring that Turbo back to life...

Thanks for the link.
Regarding patina, I love the idea of “beusage” I discovered from Grant Petersen. 🙂

I had this bike in 1988. Mine was a 17.5, I always remember how perfect the geometry was for me at the time. Enjoy and subscribed!!!

Back