1988 Team Stumpjumper

Soundifferent

Retro Newbie
Everything started (again) some months ago, while looking for some period accessories for my 1989 HardRock Comp. Then this popped up…
IMG_2811.jpeg
“Wait, is that a Stumpie?” I wasn’t really looking for a stumpjumper but I started wondering: “how hard would it be to find a team stumpjumper?” Then an alert popped up on my screen: someone’s selling a 1988 Team Stumpjumper, listed as “very old stumpjumper MBT”. Turns out the seller knew what a Stumpjumper is but missed the “team” part and we both ended up with a good deal.
Here’s how it was the day I picked it up
IMG_2522.jpeg
I’m still not sure what I’m going to do with it but I mean to keep the thread updated…

very cool. Loving the u-brake.

Interesting to read the chain of events, how a bag purchase escalated into a bike purchase. It was meant to be!

These are becoming highly sought after, not only by retro grouches like us, but the reddit hipsters absolutely love modding these frames with modern 1x and 2x gravel set ups and disk conversions :eek:

It's definitely an iconic model.
If i seen someone do that to a 88 Team Stumpy what had still been original i'd have to demand the bike off them with all the original parts 😂🤣 you can't do that to the bike, other ones yes, 88 Team Stumpy they'd be taking it to far 😁😂🤣

Latest posts

Back